There is no single best way to deliver a great mobile product. We have various process templates that can be used on a case-by-case basis. But the things we value above all are communication, people interaction and co-location. These are usually the key to a successful bespoke product development.
Everything starts with a chat as we need to learn about your business goals. From there an iterative process will guide us to the mobile end product.
WorkshopA workshop will help us to synchronise our thinking.
- we learn about your business goals
- identify key scenarios or user stories
- sketch up the wireframes
- choose the platforms . iPhone, iPad, Android or mobile web.
- validate feasibility of the project
FeasibilityInnovative mobile solutions may need a feasibility phase. Here we explore what technology and interaction model can be used to create the mobile solution.
- identify technology risks and complexities
- produce solution architecture options
- produce technology prototype
- demonstrate the findings
IterateWhen all parties feel comfortable we will move into the delivery phase. We split work into fortnightly iterations or sprints.
- plan & agree on work that can be delivered within the next sprint.
- work and clarify
- show-case the work result
- gather the learnings and improve
Go liveWe allocate at least one sprint to make the app even better.
- apply final polish as this will make the app stand out among the large number of apps available in the App Store and Google Play
- apply our pre-submission checklist
- application submission. We assist in getting your app into the app stores.
MaintainOnce an app is out it needs to be kept fresh.
- monitor app reviews
- take user feedback seriously
- plan and develop next release
Skin in the game
Our agile development philosophy is based on getting mature developers involved that have a passion for software development and are experienced in agile development methods. As we aim for the best possible solution we "have skin in the game" and alert the client about any technical risks as early as possible.
All our projects follow a strict continuous integration regime for the different platforms we work on (iOS, Android, mobile web). Any change in the code will automatically create a new app version which gets sent out to our client and beta testers. This encourages the most important part of our approach – instant and short feedback loops.
Our developers are capable of developing on iOS (iPhone and iPad), Android and mobile web. jtribe specialise in these platforms as we prefer our developers to be experts in a maximum of two platforms to ensure quality of software.
An app is often just the tip of the iceberg. Many apps need backend integration or server components. The backend is usually bigger than the mobile app. At jtribe we are specialised to architect, design, build and run large server-based systems for our clients and our own apps. We carefully design APIs so they are optimised for mobile usage. We have gathered a great amount of experience and know-how in creating scalable systems that support large mobile solutions.
Connecting our backend building blocks allows us to rapidly create mobile end-to-end solutions. Our backend building blocks are based on Ruby, Node.js, .NET and are architected for scalability, robustness and security.Get in touch.